The Heights at Lenox: The Ghetto of Buckhead,

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Experiences of some Recent tenants (March 2008)

We are sharing some of the experiences that were shared with us from recent tenants.

DS writes " I'm DS, the person who wrote the email that you posted on January 7, 2008 in this blog. I wrote that I would be breaking my lease in the first half of 08. Well, I could only make it through one month of 08 before I broke my lease. I spent 6 weeks listening to the music that the people below me in A-303 played. Consistently, they played music most of the night. My bedroom walls and floor vibrated from the music. I complained regularly to the office. They talked with the people below me. That only solved the problem for a couple of days then it started all over again. Finally, one night I put a tape recorder on my bedroom floor. I taped the music and the conversations coming from below. I took that to the office.
 
I left numerous messages for the security officer. Not once did he knock on my door to check out the complaint. Not once and he lived down the hall from me. I think this is because he works the night shift for APD and is not at the property when these things go on.
 
Apparently, I was the only one complaining. I knocked on my neighbors doors and learned most of them do not speak English as their first language. I don't think they know what their rights are because of the language barrier.
 
The property manager, Melissa, was really nice and allowed me to break my lease without an early termination fee because of all that I had gone through. That saved me some money but I still had to pay the movers and connection fees associated with the move.
 
Good luck to everyone still there."

=============================================================================================================================
AD writes, "I lived at the Heights last spring-summer. My roommate and I moved from DC (drove straight through the night) to find this place. We had researched apartments for months prior to moving and this one seemed, although old, like a good choice (via their web site). My roommate had been in Atlanta before I came and was working the the leasing office alone. She asked if she could see the place, but they told her that with out me she couldn't. When we finally arrived after the long and far drive to sign the lease and move in we were a bit disappointed when we saw the place (basically b/c it is pretty ugly and there were a lot more "ghetto" people than we were expecting. We were given a brief tour and again to our disappointment, the place we were shown was not what we were promised. We had been told we would have a completely different layout than what we were shown. We were to have a balcony and a much larger place ( we lived in one of the only places that had no balcony). Anyways, we got over these slight problems and decided to go ahead a stay. As we moved in and days after we noticed many problems which we brought to the management team. My closet was missing a door and my roommates was falling of its hinges and the place was pretty dirty. These things never got taken care of, even after repeatedly complaining about them. As months went on more problems arose. There were leaky sinks, loud neighbors, the pool was unusable due to maintenance or something, the gate was always broken, our gate cards rarely worked, poor lighting out side there was pee in the entrance way, trash everywhere....and ROACHES....lots and lots of roaches!!! We are not dirty people so we know it was not us. We brought this all to the attention on the staff and low and behold nothing was properly taken  care of. We felt unsafe and dirty and no one seemed to care! Finally after much frustration...we went to the manager of the apartment and demanded to be let out of our lease ofter 4 months or so of living there. My roommate has worked in property management so she knew some ropes. I guess they must have always have problems and were scared to be sued that they did not argue with us and made a contract that if we were still unhappy in _ time we could be let out of our lease with no penalty. Two months later we found a new place to live and moved out of that shit hole!
This place is misleading, unsafe, discus ting, management and maintenance suck and are rude, and most of all roach infested, etc. This place should be torn down b/c there is nothing that can be done to salvage it and whoever owns the building needs to be thrown in jail or whatever! Thank you guys for having this blog and doing something about this major problem in Buckhead. I feel as though everyone who lives there and who has ever lived there should be refunded their money and paid for "pain and suffering"...sounds a bit over board but that was the worst experience of my live (including college dorms).
Sorry this was so long but I get so angry thinking about our experience!"

To our readers: Be sure to post comments in the comments section of this post. We` are constantly updating now and the manager and his staff know about our blog and read it on a regular basis. Share the truth with the world because the management will not.

3 Comments:

  • I have lived here since 2007 and this place is a nightmare.
    I am a black woman so black folks and immigrants don't bother me as long as they are decent, quiet, hard working poeple. Fortunately my neighbors aren't so bad but I've seen unsavory characters hanging out in the lobby, this place feels unsafe. The people in the leasing office are ghetto and unprofessional. The roaches are so bad I refuse to cook in my own kitchen and they are getting worse. Three days out of the week there is no hot water. The mantinence staff is a joke, it took them three months to fix my toilet. I don't know how much more I can take.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:29 PM  

  • I have live here since 8-1-08 and it has been a nightmare the roaches are just bad the loud music trash none speaking english neighbors ready to break my lease can't take it any more the the location but not worth it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:52 AM  

  • I have live here since 8-1-08 and hate it it has been a bad experience for my family my lease will be up in 4mts but we can't wait we want to break our lease..
    3-16-09

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home