The Heights at Lenox: The Ghetto of Buckhead,

Monday, March 31, 2008

Maintenance is virtually non-existent. Conditions worsen

We have received numerous complaints about maintenance requests being completely ignored. They will take down your apartment number and telephone number and apparently the request just disappears completely, until you call them again. The turnaround time for maintenance requests lately has reached about 10 days. This includes emergencies, which means if you have a leaky toilet or broken shower etc. don't expect it to be fixed for at least 7-10 days. We are posting below another woeful experience sent to us by a fellow resident.

"Hey there,

I found this website while searching for the leasing office's telephone number on the internet (you would be surprised at how hard it is to find a working number for the leasing office).

I've lived in the same 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment here for about a year. I hadn't had any complaints up until now... I was fairly happy with my experience here, but what has happened recently has made me glad that my lease is about to expire. I'll finally be able to move out.

About two weeks ago the cold water faucet in the bathtub stopped working. It was stripped, and the cold water would turn on only if you applied a lot of pressure to the faucet while you were trying to turn on the water. I called into the leasing office to report the problem. I was told that they would send maintenance out as soon as possible. I waited, and waited... no one came. I was okay with it though, there were major renovations going on, I thought maybe all the maintenance were busy... plus, the cold water was still working.

About four days ago the cold water faucet stopped working completely. It was stripped to the point of just spinning freely... no amount of pressure could get the water running. I called in to the leasing office again, was told that someone would come out ASAP. Two night ago, I had an intramural soccer game at school... after coming home, I was forced to take a shower under steaming hot water. I called the office again to remind them that I had filed a request... still no one came. Yesterday I actually walked into the leasing office to tell them what was going on... still today, no one came to fix the problem. If I can't get anyone to come out here by friday, I might have to talk to a lawyer to see what sort of options are available to me.

I just wanted to share.

Thanks.
<identify protected>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home